Buena Vista Tours & Transportation Services
Hotel Buena Vista is a resort situated in the mountainous center of the country. Many of the highlights of the country are in our immediate vicinity. The volcano “Poas” is the most popular destination in Costa Rica and is literally in our front yard. The hotel offers 2 types of touring services. First, we provide full or half day private tours to all popular destinations. You can select from our standard tours menu or create a customized tour of your own. Secondly, we provide private transportation to take you to your next destination anywhere in Costa Rica.
Terms & Conditions:
The prices for the tours are base on:
• Two adults and two children 12 years or younger.
• Our vehicles can take 1 to 11 passengers each.
• Our drivers are professional, friendly and experienced. They are also very knowledgeable in the birds, wildlife, and local culture.
Any extra passengers cost $20 each.
Our Most Popular Tours (or create your own)
*NEXT DESTINATION DROP OFF SERVICE ALSO AVAILABLE TO ANY PLACE IN COSTA RICA*
- 1 Learn to Surf: Visit the world famous Playa Jacó. Professional surfing instructors will have you surfing in no time! Tour includes the town of Jacó, gift shops, restaurants and nice beach, for swimming & sunbathing. Also see the huge crocodiles at the Tarcoles River. 8 Hour Max / Cost $180
- 2 Poás Volcano: Take a very pleasant drive up the mountain slopes to the rim of the awesome Poas crater. Poas is one of the larger active volcanoes in the world. The view is spectacular, and the tour includes a short hike in the national park to the cold crater of Botos Lagoon. 4 Hour Max / Cost $95
- 3 La Paz Waterfall Gardens: Extraordinary biological park featuring tropical gardens, extensive aviary and hummingbird observatory. Walk the incredible trails, view the famous butterfly enclosure, orchid exhibition, monkeys and many other animal species. The park features several restaurants and pools as well as amazing walking trails crossing 5 stunning waterfalls. A highlight of Costa Rica. 5 Hour Max / Cost $90
- 4 Poás Volcano & La Paz Waterfall Gardens: Combination of tours # 2 & 3 8 Hour Max / Cost $130
– 5 Doka coffee tour: A very pleasant informative tour of Costa Rica’s premier coffee grower/producer. Tour the plantations, visit the processing facilities and learn all there is to know from the farming to the finished product, that delicious cup of world famous Costa Rican Coffee. 4 Hour Max / Cost $50
– 6 Grecia & Sarchi: Visit these 2 scenic, charming towns. See the unique ¨all metal¨ church in Grecia. Sarchi is the countries craft and artesian center. See the historic oxcart factory and the many master wood carving facilities. This tour features leisurely walking with extensive shopping opportunities and restaurants. 8 Hour Max / Cost $120
- 7 Poás Volcano &, Poas Canopy tour (zip lining) Poas has one of the world’s larger active craters. Visit the Botos Lagoon above the volcano. Later take a canopy tour where you will enjoy an exhilarating and safe adventure through the lush, green jungle canopy. 6 Hour Max / Cost $130
- 8 Canopy Tour: Experience the exhilarating fast zip-lining through the lush jungle canopy. This is definitely thrilling but at the same time safe for everyone. 4 Hour Max / Cost $70
- 9 Arenal Volcano & Hot Springs: Visit the most active awe inspiring volcano in Costa Rica, the majestic Arenal. Combine this experience with the gorgeous Lake Arenal and the myriad of incredible hot springs. The nature trails, zip lining and trekking opportunities are truly breathe taking. 12 Hour Max / Cost $290
- 10 San Jose city tour: A very interesting and informative walking tour of the historic capital city highlights. Visit the National Museum, National Theater, as well as the incredible, Gold Museum and the San Jose Cathedral. This Tour also includes the Central Market and the Artesian Market. Excellent restaurants and shopping opportunities abound. 8 Hour Max / Cost $110
- 11 Irazú Volcano & Cartago City: Another spectacular example of intense geologic activity. This tour includes the historic city of Cartago (the old capital). See the famous Basilica Church and Costa Rica´s principle shrine “Virgen de los Angeles”. Time permitting; you can also visit the spectacular Lankaster Gardens, 20 acres of incredible botanical wonderland. See 3000 varieties of plants including 800 species of orchids. 8 Hour Max / Cost $190
- 12 Barva Volcano: This volcano is inactive, but the scenery and abundant wildlife have to be seen to be believed .The opportunity for bird watching and photography are excellent. This tour is recommended for the physically fit who enjoy vigorous trekking. 8 Hour Max / Cost $160
Additional Tours or create your own
Imbio Park, Cafe Britt & Heredia city, Butterfly Farm & Zoo Aviary, Braulio Carrillo Rain Forest and Aerial Tram, White Water Rafting ( Pacuare and Reventazón rivers ) and Bird Watching + Photography.
Next destination drop off rates
- Drop Off Manuel Antonio $230
- Drop Off Arenal $240
- Drop Off Jaco $140
- Drop Off Monteverde $270
- Drop Off Cahuita- Puerto Viejo $320
- Drop Off Sarapiqui area $ 200
- Drop Off Tamarindo $360
- Drop Off Samara $340
Tours do not include entry fees, meals, etc
We can drive you in comfort and safety to your next destination anywhere in Costa Rica.